The Debutante Ball is a group blog for debut authors, all women. The blog is currently in its fifth year and has a track record of debuting some really great authors. I am a big fan (in fact, I’ve already begged my way onto all of the review copy lists for the 2011 books), so I am hosting this challenge in order to introduce the Debutante Ball and the fantastic Debs to more people.
Basically, the idea here is to read books by the 2011 Debs. A list of all books by all members of The Debutante Ball can be found below. I would love for you to read all five (actually, 6, but I’ll get to that in a minute) books by these five lovely ladies, but as I know that this may not be possible, you can join at the 1, 3, or 5 book level.
- “Populazzi” by Elise Allen, August 2011 from Harcourt
- “The Weird Sisters” by Eleanor Brown, February 2011 from Amy Einhorn books
- “All I Can Handle; I’m No Mother Theresa: A Life Raising Three Daughters With Autism” by Kim Stagliano, November 2010 from Skyhorse Publishing
- “The Violets of March” by Sarah Jio, August 2011 from Penguin (Plume)
- “Making Waves” by Tawna Fenske, August 2011 from Sourcebooks
This challenge runs from October 1, 2010 – December 31, 2011. I also ask that, as part of this challenge, you commit to reading and commenting on the Debutante Ball blog. Obviously this is on your honor, but I would encourage you to set a goal for commenting as well, either a certain number of comments per week, or a certain number of comments for each Deb between now and August (the 2012 Deb class will begin blogging in September).
By the way, look for me guest blogging on The Debutante Ball next Saturday, October 2nd!