If you wrote a post on this or any of my other discussion topics today, Monday June 6th, please leave your link in the Mr. Linky before midnight Central time (US) and you will be eligible to win a prize.
My year in audiobooks has been an amazing one. Since the end of Audiobook Week last year, I have listened to 51 audiobooks, which is slightly more than one per week on average, since Audiobook Week was later in the month last year.
I’ve also started reviewing for Audiofile Magazine, which has exposed me to a ton of great audiobooks that might not have ever been on my radar otherwise.
Here are some of my favorite titles from the past 12 months (not including the reviews I have on tap for this week):
- Faith by Jennifer Haigh, narrated by Therese Plummer
- The Sweet Relief of Missing Chidlren by Sarah Braunstein, narrated by Xe Sands (review on Audiofile)
- You Know When the Men are Gone by Siobhan Fallon, narrated by Cassandra Campbell (review on Audiofile)
- Feed by Mira Grant, narrated by Paula Christensen and Jesse Bernstein
- The City and the City by China Mieville, narrated by John Lee
- Kraken by China Mieville, narrated by John Lee
- Body Work by Sara Paretsky, narrated by Susan Ericksen
- Trespass by Rose Tremain, narrated by Juliet Stevenson