Okay, so first things first, I’m not going to do a series of post-BEA posts like everyone else is. Sorry, but I’m just not. I just don’t have the mental energy for it. I’m just barely keeping up with reviews of books actually sent to me for review and trying to catch up on the crazy backlog of TBR and library book reviews, as well as doing a lot of work to put things together for Audiobook Week later this month (it is going to be awesome, by the way).
That being said, here are my highlights:
- I loved meeting bloggers, marketing and publicity people, and others I have been communicating with online for so long.
- Speaking with some of the smaller presses with whom I haven’t worked much yet, but who seem exciting about working with bloggers in the future.
- Getting ARCs of fabulous-looking books coming out over the next 9 months. I will be posting about the titles I’m most excited about on Tuesday, if you’re interested.
- Some fantastic meetings.
Book Blogger Con
- Maureen Johnson. Dude. The girl was hilarious. I’m super excited about reading her books now.
- Seeing how many marketing and publicity people attended because they were excited about working with bloggers.
- Meeting even MORE bloggers and other book people I’ve been communicating with online forever.
- How smoothly the con ran overall. You’d think the ladies who organized it were pros and were being paid for their time. It was a labor of love by the organizers and if anything didn’t come off as smoothly as planned, it didn’t show.
If you have to pick just ONE of these events to go to next year, I’d pick Book Blogger Con. BEA is great, don’t get me wrong, but Book Blogger Con is a little less crazy, doesn’t make your feet hurt, and is all-around awesome.
So here’s what’s going on here on the blog this week.
The big thing coming up is audiobook week
I’ve also got a giveaway going on right now for Allison Winn Scotch’s “The One That I Want.”
I’m in the middle of both “My Name is Memory” by Ann Brasheres and “The Passage” by Justin Cronin right now, but here’s what I finished earlier this week:
And what I reviewed this week: