As promised, here are the questions from the children’s book quiz my sister made up for my baby shower last weekend. See how much you know, answers are at the bottom. In the first question, you get a point for each correct answer.
1. Name 5 Dr. Seuss books.
2. Who is the author of “Where the Sidewalk Ends?” and “A Light in the Attic?”
3. What holiday-themed children’s book was turned into a movie in 2004 starring an animated Tom Hanks?
4. What is special about the book “The Very Quiet Cricket” by Eric Carle?
5. Finish the quote… “I do not like green eggs and ham…”
6. What famous book’s main character is Max, a boy who is sent to bed with no supper?
7. What is the name of the pig in Charlotte’s Web?
8. What kind of tree were the alphabet letters racing to the top of in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom?
9. What storybook character always gets into Mr. McGregor’s garden?
10. Besides the moon, name one other thing the bunny says “goodnight” to in “Goodnight Moon”?
11. What city does Madeline live in?
12. What kind of animal is Babar?
13. If you give a mouse a cookie, what is he going to ask for next?
14. What color hat did the man wear in Curious George?
15. What children’s book author/illustrator is celebrating his 80th birthday and the 40th anniversary of his VERY famous book?
1. You cannot possibly expect me to list all of his books, so you’ll have to check your answers to this question on your own.
2. Shel Silverstein
3. Polar Express
4. It chirps/makes cricket noises
5. “I do not like them, Sam I Am!”
6. Where the Wild Things Are
8. Coconut tree
9. Peter Rabbit
10. Again, I can’t list them all, sorry. Some of them are room, red balloon, cow jumping over the moon.
13. A glass of milk
14. A yellow hat
15. Eric Carle, it is the 40th anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which is our nursery theme