What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?
Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?
I had a super hard time answering with question, and had to go through my entire library on LibraryThing to even think of anything, but here’s what I’ve come up with. Any book title links go to my reviews.
- The Lace Reader – “The Lace Reader” was a great summer time read and could be a great summer time movie with lots of flashbacks. They’d have to do the first lines as a voiceover, I think, but it would be a very dramatic mystery. It seems like a Sandra Bullock type of movie.
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet – Let’s be honest, there’s a good chance they’d turn this lovely book into a really cheesy movie, but with the right director it could be great: young love, war, racism, regret in old age – what more could you want?
- Water for Elephants – Think how gorgeous the circus scenes could be! And the nursing homes scenes could be quite poignant.
- The Aviary Gate – If the whole ‘modern day’ portion of this story was just omitted, this could be a good movie with gorgeous sets.
- Sunne in Splendor – I’m actually sort of surprised there aren’t any movie execs cashing in on the Richard III thing already, actually. Of course, they’d have to condense so much of this that it would probably just end up annoying me. Maybe they can turn this book into a movie trilogy?
- The Dracula Dossier – What a great Halloween movie, it is a spooky, spooky period piece. I’d see it.
Have you read any of these? What kind of movie do you think they’d make? What other books would you love to see as a movie?
By the way, if you were subscribed to my feed, you may need to redo it. I recently moved my feed to feed burner and it seems to have screwed up the old feeds.