Well, in October I read about half as many books as I have in any other month since I started this blog. Part of the issue is that two books were quite long, also I got stuck in one book and just couldn’t move out of it (I never finished that book and it does not appear on this list). Not least of all, my reading funk and the flu affected my reading in very negative ways for a little more than a week. I am still on track to read 150 books this year, but only just barely.
Here they are:
- The Fire by Katherine Neville
- The Believers by Zoe Heller (review pending)
Young Adult Fiction:
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (review pending)
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (review pending)
- Briar Rose by Jane Yolen (review pending)
- The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
- The Green Beauty Guide by Julie Gabriel
My Favorite Book in October:
It isn’t often that the third book in a trilogy can both stand alone and make you want to go back and read the first two books, but Penman accomplishes that. Penman really brings the 12th century alive in an accessible yet not-dumbed-down way.