Please go and vote for your favorite entry in the Far World: Water Keep contest!
- The Spirit of the Place
- Water Keep
- The Lace Reader
- The Glimmer Palace
- I finished “The Lace Reader,” “The Glimmer Palace,” and “Water Keep,” although my review for Water Keep is not going up until this coming Wednesday. I never did get around to “The Spirit of the Place,” but here are the other ARCS I have finished to complete the challenge:
- My Father’s Paradise
- Songs for the Missing
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
- Among the Cannibals
- The White Mary
- The Dracula Dossier
- Stealing Athena
- One More Year
- First Daughter
- Zoe’s Tale
- American Savior
- The Good Thief
- The Dangerous Joy of Dr. Sex
- American Wife (review coming tomorrow)
- The Heretic’s Daughter (review coming 9/1)
- The Hunt for the Seventh (review coming soon)
Technically this challenge goes until September 21st. I’m currently reading 3 ARCs, and will pretty much be reading ARCs and review books all month (note: I didn’t include regular books for review in my list, just things that were actually Advance Reader’s Copies).
Speaking of ARCs, review copies, and other TBRs, a couple weeks ago I took ALL my TBRs off of the shelf to take a picture with them for The Literate Houseswife’s now-closed TBR photo contest. Although my TBR list has changed slightly since taking this picture (a few books have come off, more have been added), this will give you a good idea of my overflowing shelf:
The ones forming the pile itself are just the books I have purchased to read, all of the books standing up are ARCs and review copies that i need to get to.
This week I didn’t get very far in my reading, partly because it was a busy week, and partly because one of the books I am reading is pretty slow going. I’m hoping to have time today to finish at least one book. One pretty exciting thing did happen, however, Shelf Awareness featured my blog and Natasha of Maw Books’ blog. You can see my post about it here.