I read a total of 17 books this month, 9 of which were given to me for review. I must apologize, as I am fairly behind on reviews, mostly those of the books I read for pleasure. I still need to write reviews for some of the stuff I read during the honeymoon, as well as a couple of reviews of books I have finished since.
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (audiobook)
- The White Mary by Kira Salak – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Double Bind by Chris – Buy this book on Amazon
- Aberrations by Penelope Przekop – Buy this book on Amazon
Young Adult Fiction
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster – Buy this book on Amazon
- Washington’s Lady by Nancy Moser – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent – review (and contest!) coming September 1st – Preorder on Amazon
- The Dracula Dossier by James Reese – Preorder this book on Amazon
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Oczy – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig – Buy this book on Amazon
- The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig – Buy this book on Amazon
- Glimmer Palace by Beatrice Colin – Buy this book on Amazon
- Among the Cannibals by Paul Rafaelle – Buy this book on Amazon
- Great Peacemakers: True Stories from Around the World by Ken Beller and Heather Chase – Buy this book on Amazon
July’s Top Pick
The Dracula Dossier!
“The Dracula Dossier” purports to be a compilation of Stoker’s letters, diary, and other items of interest around the time Jack the Ripper was claiming victims in London’s Whitechapel. According to ‘the dossier,’ Stoker actually knew the identity of The Ripper, a quack doctor unfortunately of his acquaintance named Frances Tumblety.